Tieresia : The Seven Year War
Lord Bastein, the Cleaver
A deposed dragonborn noble, he seeks an army with which to retake his conquered homeland...
No one fights like Bastein!
No one’s white like Bastein!
No one cuts you down and takes a bite like Bastein!
(Spirit of Vice: Domination)
Experience Points: 2450
To Next Level (4): 3750
Alignment: Neutral Evil
Attributes: STR 18, CON 14, DEX 11, INT 10, WIS 10, CHA 16
HP: 45/45 (THP: 5); Bloodied: 20; Surges: 8/12 (12 HP); Action Points: 1
Basic Melee: ‘Glacier’ (8 vs. AC, 1d12+5 damage)
Basic Ranged: Handaxe (8 vs. AC, 1d6+4 damage)
At-Will Powers: Dominator’s Strike, Vengeance Strike
Encounter Powers: Dragon Breath, Dread Smite
Shroud of Shadow (E), Vice’s Reward (E)
Trained Skills: Athletics +10, Bluff +9, Endurance +8, Intimidate +11
Feats: Axe Expertise (campaign bonus), Cunning Stalker
Extra Mechanics Detailed:
Unless otherwise specified, any ability bonuses below use Bastein’s.
- Racial Feature, Draconic Heritage: Gain +2 to healing surge value.
- Racial Feature, Dragonborn Fury: Gain a +1 racial bonus to attacks while bloodied.
- Racial Feature, Skill Bonus: Gain a +2 racial bonus to Intimidate and History rolls.
- Racial Power, Dragon Breath: Close Blast 3 STR+2 vs. Reflex: 1d6+CON cold damage. Encounter Attack Power, Cold, Standard Action
- Lv. 1 Class Feature, Dark Menace: When making weapon attacks against enemies granting CA: Deal extra damage equal to CHA bonus.
- Lv. 1 Class Feature, Dread Smite: When you target an enemy with an at-will weapon attack power: Target takes 2+CHA Cold/Necrotic damage. On a hit, target takes ongoing 5 cold/necrotic damage (save ends). Encounter Attack Power, Cold/Divine/Necrotic/Shadow, Free Action/Personal
- Lv. 1 Class Feature, Shroud of Shadow: You gain partial concealment until the end of your next turn. You gain 5 THP. Encounter Utility Power, Shadow, Minor Action/Personal
- Lv. 1 Class Feature, Spirit of Vice (Domination): Once per round while you have THP, right before making an attack roll against a target, take damage equal to your CHA bonus as a free action: The attack gains a damage bonus equal to the damage you took.
- Campaign Bonus Feat, Axe Expertise: When wielding an axe: Gain a +1 feat bonus to attack rolls. You may reroll any damage rolls of 1.
- Lv. 1 Feat, Cunning Stalker: If your target has no adjacent allies to it: It grants you CA.
- Lv. 1 At-Will Attack Power, Dominator’s Strike: Melee Weapon STR vs. AC targeting one creature: 1[W]+STR damage. Gain THP equal to your CHA bonus. Divine/Shadow/Weapon, Standard Action
- Lv. 1 At-Will Attack Power, Vengeance Strike: Melee Weapon STR vs. AC targeting one creature: 1[W]+STR damage. Gain a power bonus to the damage roll equal to twice the number of enemies adjacent to you (maximum +8). Divine/Shadow/Weapon, Standard Action
- Lv. 2 Feat, Heavy Armor Agility: Ignores the speed penalty for wearing heavy armor.
- Lv. 2 Utility Power, Vice’s Reward: You gain 5 THP, and can make a saving throw. +2 power bonus to all defenses until the end of your next turn. Encounter Power, Shadow, Minor Action/Personal
- Lv. 3 Encounter Power, Dread Smite: One additional use per encounter. Usable only once per turn.
Massive even by his race’s standards, everything about this dragonborn’s features screams the word ‘pedigree’: from his glistening white scales to the horns cresting his head, known to be a sign of true dragonborn nobility. He favors dark armor adorned with skulls and spikes (all the better to terrify the so-called ‘lesser beings’), and never fails to wear a cape and/or shield bearing the crest of his Noble House: the white dragon, blood of his blood, the progenitor of his esteemed lineage.
Bastein certainly acts the part of nobility — always poised, definitely haughty, perpetually making sure to put all lesser beings in their place. From over the Eastern sea he has also brought with him an overbearing sense of honor and justice; no wrong goes unpunished in his presence, or so he says. Despite his claims to being a man (okay, a dragonborn) of only the utmost honor, he is not above using underhanded means to get what he wants and destroy his foes. Perhaps the meaning of honor is somewhat different in the Eastern lands he hails from?
A scion of a dragonborn Noble House, he has come to this foreign continent to assemble an army, nay, a horde. With it, he intends to reclaim the homeland that was taken from him by Kestari invaders — he has boasted of riches and glory for those aiding his cause, and the Eastern lands are certainly known for their vast and exotic wealth. Rumor has it that he sold his soul to dark powers for this chance to regain his lost birthright — on his end Bastein boasts that he wields the might of Winter (yes, with a capital “W”) itself, the cold death coming to lay waste to all who stand in his way.
Theme Song: Game of Thrones WNL Mashup
- The Beginning: Vrak the Marauder (Omnomnomnom!)
- Corvan Sewers: 4x Filthy Mongrel (Minty fresh!)
- Corvan Sewers: Outlaw Mage (Two shots, one round, one frag.)
- Corvan Sewers: Killian (Defeat by submission, finished off via omnomnom.)